The Superman Movieverse FanFiction Archive Rules
- All submissions to the archive should be emailed as an attachment to the Archivist/. The document should be formated as RTF, HTML code, or as a DOC. The top of the document must have:
Or use our Upload Form to send your story to the Archivist.
- All submissions to Superman Movieverse Archives must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. If a suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right to add a disclaimer.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
- Stories must be complete. Uncompleted stories belong in the Movieverse Forum
- Titles and summaries must be kid friendly. No exceptions.
- "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries. These submissions will be rejected without consideration.
- A number of authors have requested that fans refrain from writing fan fiction based on their work. Therefore submissions will not be accepted based on the works of:
- P.N. Elrod
- Raymond Feist
- Terry Goodkind
- Laurell K. Hamilton
- Anne McCaffrey
- Robin McKinley
- Irene Radford
- Anne Rice
- Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb.
- Tolkien Estates
- Dennis L. McKiernan
- Robin Hobb
- Archie comics
- Actor/actress stories are not permitted... not even if they're visiting an alternate reality.(Any exceptions are at the discretion of the administrators.)
- Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. The site administrators are not grammar Nazis. However, the site administrators reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors. If such a request is ignored, the story will not be accepted. The Head Librarian reserves the right to correct minor spelling and grammatical errors prior to the submission's placement in the Archive. Note: the Big Apricot Archives is solely the responsibility of Deborah A. Rorabaugh. No permission has been given, implicitly or explicitly for anyone else to represent themselves as representing the Big Apricot or the Head Librarian.
- Also correct word usage is expected i.e you use the right word for the right thing.
You know the difference between words that sound alike. For example:
- two, to, and too
- their, they're, and there
- know and no
- No Chat shorthand (for example lol, plz, ty, thx, ppl) please keep these for your MSN Messenger and your messageboards
- No Stories in all caps
- No Sticky Caps (i.e. "sTiCkY cApS")
- Exceptions to these rules are:
We will allow stories that use chat shorthand, sticky caps or all caps if the story is only using these things as Temporary effects for the story
-Text messages - "LOL" flashed back at her from her mobile phone screen
-Shouting/Screaming - "OWWWWWW! you stood on my foot!!!" Lois screamed
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings.
- We are using the following ratings at Superman Movieverse Archives:
[K] - suitable for all readers
[K+] - some content/themes may not be suitable for a universal audience
[T] - for readers aged 13+
[S] - (slash) contains non-explicit homosexual themes
[M] - for readers aged 18+ (M may contain moderate or non-explicit sex and/or violence
[MA] - for readers aged 18+ (MA may contain explicit sex and/or violence
All MA rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately. Please note: Stories featuring adults having sex with minors are strictly forbidden.
- As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories that need them. For stories with serialized content, such as series of books or television series, spoilers are mandatory for the current season and/or most recent part. An appropriate spoiler warning to place in your summary would be: Spoilers Smallville end of season seven. DO NOT do anything like this: Spoilers for the one where Lex kills Lionel.
- Other main reasons your work will be rejected are the following...
- You have plagiarized another author's work (See plagiarism section below)
- Your rating/warnings were grossly incorrect
- Your story contained illegal/un-cited material
- Your story contained scenes of rape/child abuse/beastiality/graphic suicide/self-mutilation or student/teacher or adult/minor-ship without the proper warnings.
- Your story was not considered a story (ie. only author's notes.
- Your story redirected readers to other fiction sites
- Your story threatened readers in an effort to obtain more reviews
- Your story title or story summary were not suitable for general audiences
- Your story was abusive to staff/other site members
This is not an exclusive list however. If your story is rejected you will be informed via email of the reason why. (Let it be known that in ten years of running fanfiction archives, I have rejected 1 [one] story. The reason was plagiarism and a profound lack of originality. If you're going to steal, at least don't steal from the Archivist!)
- Finally please be patient while waiting for a decision on your submission usually we answer within 48 hrs but please allow up to 14 days then if you have not heard anything then contact us.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules will NOT be accepted. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.
- Please ensure that you save a backup copy of your story to your computer or print it out. In the event of a hosting service change or upgrade, there is no guarantee that everything will be transfered without possible loss of submissions. Also there is always a chance that the server will crash resulting in loss of data saved to the server. Also, like any other site, we may get attacked by hackers. We are not responsible should you choose not to follow this rule.
Plagiarism will not be tolerated by Superman Movieverse Archives whatsoever. We define plagiarism as taking a story, poem, or other writing that doesn't belong to you and claiming it as your own. This is a zero tolerance offense and will result in immediate banning when discovered.
The above rules are adapted from the general rules supplied with the eFiction program from eFiction.org
Superman is the property of Warner Bros. and DC Comics. Other materials are the property of WEG.
No copyright infringement is intended by the authors of this site, who receive no monetary benefit from their work.
Many ideas expressed here are original, however, and are copyrighted by their authors.
This Web site is in no way affiliated with Warner Bros., DC Comics or WEG